Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Part time update

Things I’ve been doing now that I have all that extra free time:

  • Working
  • Laundry
  • Dishes
  • Cooking real food
  • Dishes
  • Cleaning the cat box
  • Grocery shopping
  • Picking up the boys before they get the early evening grump-grumps and hanging out with them before we’ve got to start the bed-time routine.
  • Laundry
  • Creating a less chaotic home-base for all my boys


Working my part time schedule is really working for the family and it seems to be working for the man, I mean job, too. I’ve had to stay late a few days (until 3:00 p.m. or so) and put in some time on the weekends (who schedules 7 a.m. Monday morning conference calls that require big fancy PowerPoint presentations? The head honchos in Minnesota that’s who. And us Californians get all defensive and don’t want to appear like slackers so we say, “7 a.m. Monday morning? Sure, no problem, we love to start work before the sun comes up.”)

Things are not quite as spic and span, organized and Martha-esqe as I’d like them to be but I think that’s to be expected for the next 18 years or so.

3 comments:

Mara said...

I see you put laundry down twice, was this a mistake or are you just doing a lot of laundry :). Arthur likes the fact that you are cooking "real food", good job.

Leslie said...

I do a lot of laundry ;)

Leslie said...

and a lot of dishes!

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs