Monday, November 05, 2007

Great things about going to my brother's house

We went to Uncle Scott's house yesterday to hang out with the family. There was much eating and football watching. The camera was in the car (why I didn't grab it I do not know) so I don't have any great picks, but here are a few highlights:

  • Andrew calls my brother Uncle Spot
  • Sammie and Cassie love to play with Andrew and Owen, and the feeling is so very mutual
  • The cheese sauce oh, the cheese sauce. He made the best.cheese.sause.ever.
  • Watching the kids chase each other around and around in circles in the living room. The best entertainment really is free.
  • Free cooking lessons. Let me tell you about how great a convection oven is because now I can. Did you know that if your roasting pan is a bit tight for two chickens, you can sit them up on their ends in the roasting rack and they will both fit nicely?
  • Air conditioning. He lives in Palm Springs and it was 89 degrees yesterday. Isn't it like Fall or something already?

4 comments:

GeGe said...

Glad you guys got some quality time. We are praying for them. Thanks for putting the flikr pictures up there. I keep looking at them. See ya soon, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Cheese sauce recipe posting is in order. After all, I appear to be losing very little of my baby fat, so why not enjoy?
-Rachel

Anonymous said...

Cheese sauce:
1 white onion, fine dice
1.5 cups white wine
1/2 stick unsalted butter + 1 tbsp
5 tbsp AP flour
4 oz shredded sharp cheddar
2 oz shredded pizza cheese blend
1-1.5 cups 2% milk
dash tabasco
dash worcestershire
S&P to taste
procedure:
1) sweat onion in 1 tbsp butter until translucent
2) add wine and reduce until almost dry
3) add butter; melt and add flour to make roux
4) cook roux slowly for 15 min
5) add milk and stir until all roux is absorbed
6) add cheese and simmer slowly until melted
7) add worcestershire and tabasco, salt and pepper until nummy
8) strain and enjoy!

Anonymous said...

PS All quantities for the cheese sauce are approximate; just cook, have fun and enjoy. Leslie will tell you that I didn't measure anything- I just cooked, drank a little bourbon and beer and had a great time with my family- the best in the world!

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs