Friday, November 09, 2007

In the red

If you were wondering how much running a red light in Orange County is going to cost you, I can tell you, it's $406. My storied driving record continues. However, I do not have a story about how I tried to get out of this ticket; that I cried, or claimed "mommentary" insanity. I was nabbed by photo-law enforcement. Cameras mounted at the intersection caught me. Getting the notification in the mail so long after the fact is completely disorienting. I have no recollection that I ran a red light or that I got away with a close one. When I opened the ticket I was shocked to see four color photographs of my mini van entering the intersection, my license plate number, my face, and the obviously red light. When I saw the evidence I was glad that A) the kids weren't in the car and B) my hands were on 10 and 2 and C) I wasn't on the cell phone.

The ticket was pretty much the low point in my week; a week in which this happened.

I'm just going to pay the fine. I don't think I have the cajones or energy to do this.

I'm going to save the story about the time I got two tickets in one day for another post, I'm rationing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Les,
At least it was not a construction zone, then it would have been $812.
However, did you consider making a case that you have a body and a car double?
:) Rachel

Leslie said...

Goodmorning Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a day huh? That would stink to get a letter in the mail like that - photos and all. Good luck!

Mara said...

It looks like you already did the homework, why don't you fight it? $400 bucks, that was the cost of our crib. Here in Greece if you pay cash they cut the fine in Half (that would be cool if they did that in the States, $200 versus $400).

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs