Thursday, November 29, 2007

Andrew 32 Months

Hmm, do you know why the sprinkles, box of straws, and Luna bars are now on the top shelf of our pantry? Andrew continues on the road to independence! Instead of wasting all that time asking us for a snack, he can now just go to the pantry and get it himself. I love that he is taking the initiative and starting to do things for himself, but I have to watch him closely or before I know it he will a eat whole container of cupcake sprinkles before I even notice he's out of the room!

He is talking a lot now, and is saying things like:

"Look at me!"
"Mama, you put Owen down now?"
"Mama, you come too?"
"I want to go on an adventure!"
"I'm scared of pirates."
"It's too spicy."

At school he is beginning to defend himself against things like sharing by hitting his friends. Today he had a time out for it at Kindercare. We're not sure what to do about this behavior other than talk to him about it and stop it from happening at home. I really hope this is something he will out grow soon when there are just a few more synaptic connections in his little noggin. At home we catch him pushing Owen because he has come too close to one of his trains, and Andrew immediately gets a time out for that behavior. I've bought a kitchen timer so now he waits for the bell before he can get out of time-out.

Andrew was awesome on our trip to Texas. He was so cooperative and good when we were in the airports and airplanes long after you would expect a toddler to hold it together. Around his big extended family he did great too. He did his usual "I need just 20 minutes to get the lay of the land and then watch out!". He played so well with his second cousin Addison. He loved the playroom at Jim and Maurine's house so much that we may just convert our guest room into the boy's play room sooner rather than later.

Andrew at 2 and 3/4 is such a joy when we see how much he knows and what a great little person he is, and just a trial when things don't go his way. He is still employing the "crumple to the ground and cry" when bad things happen like when his yogurt is touching his grapes.

"Look at me!"


My buddy Lightning McQueen


"Owen, this is how you do it"


"Don't tell mommy"


"I like my hat"

3 comments:

GeGe said...

They were both very good boys at Thanksgiving.

Jeanie said...

Leslie, I hope you and Kelly are printing out your blogs to put in the kids baby books.

You have such a cute family. Sorry I didn't get to visit with you and Eric more when you were here.

RE: House remodel. Maybe you can convince Joe to come and "vacation" with you.

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea Jeanie has about convincing Joe to vacation with you! It worked for us. We got Kenny to just about stay the summer with us and remodel much of the old house - Now, if we could just sell it!

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs