Saturday, June 21, 2008

Odds and Ends

Sorry about leaving the pee-pee post up for so long!  

Owen's had a rough week with a cold and another ear infection. He is just starting now to sleep through the night again after waking up several nights in a row. He's on his second day of antibiotics and is now feeling much better. I knew it was serious and I needed to take Owen to see his pediatrician when he wasn't eating his dinner. That boy LOVES to eat.

Owen has an official first word: Mama. He does lots of babbling and vocalizing, but he's just now started to form proper words.

Eric turned 33 on Wednesday!  As usual, he was up in San Jose/San Francisco area this week, so we are celebrating properly tonight.  We're going out to dinner at The Water Grill in L.A. - its fancy and has a Michelin star and everything.  We even hired a babysitter! This will be only the second time that we've gone out and asked someone other than the grandparents to watch the boys. We won't worry at all while we're out because Andrew's teacher from his Two's classroom is coming over.

The high price of gas around here has finally affected us.  I drove around this week in the Prius and Eric left the minivan at the airport. I have to say this was the way to go. Last week I filled the van up for $83 and I filled the Prius up for $28.   That's a big difference, and I'm glad we're saving that because I just spent $5.85 on one gallon of milk.

I've jumped on the Quantum Wellness bandwagon and bought the book this week.  (Another Oprah recommendation).   I'm only about 10 pages in.  You may or may not see posts from me about doing a 21 day "cleanse". That's basically eating a vegan diet for 21 days.  We'll see, I get jumpy when contemplating giving up coffee for any length of time.  

We are really looking forward to our upcoming Hawaiian vacation.  We all need some down time hanging out on the beach.  

It's officially summer and we've got the temperatures to back it up.  It's going to be in the 90's today.  We're to try to stay cool today, I'm predicting lots of backyard hose time.

That's the latest from Irvine.  Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Eric! We hope your night out was alot of fun. WOW, Hawaii - i'm jealous because I want to go back too someday. Enjoy it!

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs