Saturday, June 07, 2008

Home 5


Orchid, originally uploaded by leslie_capron.

Home, where orchids come to die.

Eric knows that if he's in a pickle and needs to get me a present for a birthday, anniversary, or because forgot to put the garbage out, again, that he can't go wrong if he comes home with an orchid. (Aren't I the easiest wife ever!?). Now you may think that will all those occasions for orchids, that my house would be dripping with orchids everywhere. Not. So. I have a special talent for killing orchids. This poor guy here has been living in my kitchen window sill since April.   It came home with a glorious bloom and four unopened buds and the promise of months of beautiful flowers. It has sun, but not too much. It gets a nice burst of humidity every night when I do the dishes and since its right next to the faucet, I rarely forget to water it. Now it looks like it just gave up.  The main flower just shriveled and the buds never got close to opening. 

What am I doing wrong? Help me internet!

No comments:

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs