Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update

Owen is back to himself this week.  Hand, Foot and Mouth disease is not fun. Although for Owen it was more like Mouth, Tongue and Leg disease.  He didn't get a rash on his hands or feet at all.  Which, because of the unusually literal name of this disease, got me worried because if he's missing two of the three symptoms of this disease, what the heck does this boy have?  Scarlet Fever?  The Internet was not helpful.  I couldn't find any pediatric disease that perfectly matched his symptoms, so I tried to relax and just go with what his pediatrician said. Thankfully it only lasted a couple of days and burned through only two nights of sleep.  If HF&M befalls your family - go straight to the Motrin, Tylenol wasn't cutting it for this fever and mouth pain.
 
Andrew is doing great. In exciting culinary news, Andrew ATE HIS WHOLE DINNER LAST NIGHT PLUS TWO BANANAS.  Holy mackerel it's a miracle.  This boy hasn't eaten dinner in months.   Dinner unusually goes like this:  I make something extremely kid friendly, like spaghetti, breaded chicken breasts, or mac and cheese, with a side of fruit and some string cheese.  And without fail the only thing Andrew eats is fruit, and then asks for about a billion glasses of milk. Because he's hungry!  Last night Andrew ate two servings of mac & cheese, two servings of apple sauce, grapes and two bananas.  Amazing. Maybe he's started to grow a bit or maybe the move to the Three's class with its new activities is making him more hungry. (BTW, Owen is the opposite.  Owen pretty much eats whatever you put in front of him and at this point has eaten more vegetables than Andrew has in his whole life).
 
Sadly, it looks like Choppers is off on an adventure and has decided not to come home.  She's been gone since Saturday morning.  We left the garage door opened and our kitchen door into the garage wasn't closed all the way - she saw her opportunity and took it.  Andrew has been asking where she is and I just say "I don't know - she's still out on her adventure."  He seems satisfied with that answer.  We describe our weekend boondoggles (our random home tours, spontaneous visits to LA to ride the train, etc.) as "adventures" so I'm hoping he has a positive association with the word and isn't too worried about the cat. 
 
The home-front is good. Although I'm really getting ready to move to another house (sorry if you've heard that before from us, but I really mean it now!)  After I got a call from our home-owner's association scolding me for putting up my lost cat signs and then telling me they were doing me a favor because next time I'll have to pay for any damage that resulted from my scotch tape on the mail boxes, I really am not feeling the love in the neighborhood.   They are way more concerned about the state of the community mail boxes than my cat - not cool.  Also,  I REALLY WANT A YARD!   North Tustin is still a promising new location. 
 
More pictures will be up as soon as I find a way.  Eric just emailed and said he bought me a present so cross your fingers that it is a new computer!  Or a new house, either one is fine.

3 comments:

Tindy said...

Owen I am glad you are doing better. Who's heard of that. Whew!

It sounds like some of the strange stuff Camerons cows can get, hoof rot, black leg, mouth warts.

God news you are on the mend. Right mom??

Love Tindy

Leslie said...

Eric here... Just to elaborate on the homeowners association a bit. Leslie negelcted to mention that we actually got a message on our machine from our "Lost Cat" sign saying, "Hi. Just calling about your lost cat. Please give me a call". Needless to say, Leslie was excited at the glimmer of hope the message hinted at - only to have those hopes dashed when she called up to receive a tounge-lashing from the property manager and a threat of having to "appear before the board". (Mind you our signs were up for less than 4 hours before the HOA police took them down). Anyway, I tend to be a little more "go with the flow" than most but think this was a little over the top. We did lob in a follow-up call and got a chance to explain how insensitive their message and actions were. They promised to do better next time - which is nice, but still doesn't change the fact that our poor cat's still lost. Thanks for nothing. /Eric

Jennifer said...

Put the missing cat sign on your car window and leave your car out for awhile.I got a break this week too. My fire at Bayview was greater than 4x4.I had to buy a $20 permit. One of my neighbors called the "fire cops". Ask your neighbors..... Four times my neighbors took my cat in. Everybody loves my cats. Choppers is in the neighborhood, less than 1/2mile. Try door to door at 6:00. Call out Choppers name as you go. You will find her. Love, Ma

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs