Thursday, May 29, 2008

Keeping it Real


Keeping it Real, originally uploaded by leslie_capron.

Just wanted to keep it real here on the blog and show you the state of affairs after a quick trip to the grocery store Wednesday afternoon to pick up a few things I needed to make tortilla chicken soup.  Here are both boys shrieking and crying and covered in the juice from the strawberries that I grabbed from the produce section and fed them to keep them quiet happy while shopping.   

Before I had kids I always looked a little askance at the moms who were feeding their children while grocery shopping with food they had just taken from the shelves before they paid for it. Now I totally get it: its a survival tactic. 

The boys were already shellacked in post daycare food/craft/dirt grunge so I wasn't feeling like mother of the year as I pushed my little urchins around the store. Andrew won't go into the cart anymore, he wants to walk - ugg.   In an effort to keep him within range I let him "steer" the cart. That went as about as well as you'd expect.  Five minutes in Owen was over it all and he just started melting down food or no food.   Doomed from the start, I shouldn't have even tried, another night of spaghetti would have been just fine.   From now on, I'll shop BEFORE I pick up the boys.   

1 comment:

Prof said...

One day you will look back on this and laugh, or maybe not. Hope things get better. Ship Andrew up here next week.

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs