Saturday, August 06, 2011

First Day of 1st Grade


First Day of 1st Grade, originally uploaded by leslie_capron.

Andrew started first grade on July 28th. He's adjusting to the longer day and more intense workload. We had a few bumps this first week. I didn't know the first day was early release. Oops! So I was 30 minutes late to get him. I felt like the worst mother on the planet that day. Hopefully I haven't scarred him for life. Another day he said he was sick and couldn't go to school (he was fine). New situations are a bit stressful for him (and most people!). He has friends in his class although he misses his besties who went to other classes. But he now has two recesses and a long lunch break to see them. I think in another week, he'll be right back into the swing of things.

2 comments:

Mara said...

Wow so many post keep up the good work and ask Eric sometime about the time mom left us out in the middle of nowhere on a trip to Washington, you are not the worst mother, and kids forgive (P.S. neither is ours, I love you mom)

Jeanie said...

Time for first grade already? Wow, how time flies~

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs