Sunday, January 27, 2008

Owen 10 Months continued

Yes, Owen sleeps through the night now. And all it took was for me to fly to another state and to a place where I could not hear the Ferberizing. Thank you very much Eric and Jennifer for teaching our sweet, sweet baby that a crib really is not a torture device. This week the bed time routine goes a little like this: play until 6:30, then bath time with Andrew, get into jammies, have a bottle around 7:30, then a story (or five) with Andrew and at 8:00, Owen goes into the pack-and-play for the night. Owen usually cries for about five minutes and then he's asleep until 6:00 am. I really don't think I can adequately describe the joy that this milestone brings to my heart. All I can say is that my passion bucket for sleep is full.

In other exciting Owen news, he is really getting ready to walk. He loves to play and walk with his push cart. He can also walk a few steps while one of us holds just one hand. I am reaffirming my prediction that he'll be walking by his first birthday. (Which, OMG, is just two months away!)

Owen is really bored with baby food. He displays an interest in our food that I don't remember seeing in Andrew. Now Owen usually gets some of our food at mealtime. He likes pizza, chicken Parmesan, fruit, rice & beans, bagels, frozen yogurt and sushi rice with soy sauce.

If I had to pick a favorite time of day for Owen it would be bath time. As soon as he hears the word "bath", I could put him at the bottom of the stairs and with excitement of a kid at Christmas, he would climb up each stair, crawl across the hallway and climb up and over the edge of the tub and plop right into the water. Not that he has ever done that. Ok, just one time he crawled over the edge of the tub and went head first right into the water. If I had to pick a really panic-inducing moment in parenting, it would be that time he did that. He's fine, I'm still not quite over it.

Now that Owen can cruise around with the push car, he is a little less insistent on being picked up, so that has been a really nice development for Eric and me.

He is a smiley and happy little guy. He likes a lot of interaction with people, but can now happily play with toys on his own (as long as those toys aren't too close to Andrew).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who owns passionbucket.com?
www.passionbucket.com

Anonymous said...

My joy for you is indescribable. Henry worked on his first tooth this week, and I worked on functioning with little sleep.

Eric and Jennifer, do they make house calls?
-Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Owen, and mom & dad!

Jennifer said...

Did I tell you....Owen must be like his Dad. Eric picked the deep end of the Sam Houston State pool.Didn't seem to tramatize him a bit...but I can't say the same for me. I see swim team in Owen future.

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs