Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Break through

When I pick up the boys from Kindercare, I go to Andrew's room first, then Owen's room. After doing the opposite a couple of times when Owen first started at Kindercare, it was very clear to me that Andrew didn't like it that I was holding Owen when I would go to his room. Now Andrew gets some time alone with me and he can tell me about his day and what he is doing when I pick him up. Then together we go and pick up Owen in his room. Usually when we get into Owen's room, Andrew goes straight for the toys and plays until I gather up Owen's bottles and his daily report. But today, Andrew saw Owen sitting on the floor and went right up to him and gave him a big hug. Awesome.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Leslie,Use this "door" and enlist Andrew's help with all the tasks you have to do especially when Eric is out of town/Eric, ..when leslie ....You need the help and it is good for Andrew to learn to be a helper. It is good training for school too. Teachers love helpers. Love, Ma

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs