Saturday, February 02, 2013

Trying to get this!

Tried another edit on this picture of Andrew.

Here's the image straight out of the camera (except for the crop, I couldn't figure out how to revert back to the non-cropped version).

DSC_1815.jpg

Edit 1 - lightened him up, but thought he still looked a little cool.

Getting this open shade thing

Edit 2 - Cropped him quite a bit, still trying to use the rule of thirds for his eye placement.  I warmed him up, but maybe too much.



I like the last one best.  I'm still learning when to stop or keep going with editing.  Usually I make such a big improvement with just a few clicks in Lightroom that I think I'm done.  But I'm starting to see when I need to keep going.

**********

Updated without chopping off his head!  Thanks Rachel!!

New Crop


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Les,
I'd go with something in between the last two. The crop on the last one cuts off too much of his head for me. The lighting and warmth is perfect though.
Rachel

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs