Monday, September 12, 2011

Milestone

Sunday Morning Andrew lost his first tooth.  You might remember that his loose tooth created a lot of anxiety for Andrew a few weeks ago.   Amazingly, Andrew pulled out his tooth without a tear Sunday morning.   He held true to his original wishes and wanted to keep the tooth.   He wrote the Toothfairy a note to make sure she didn't take it with her.  

*******

When Andrew was a baby, I anxiously watched his gums for signs of teeth.  At three months, I would run my fingers on his gums and see if I could feel a little tooth trying to push through.  Nothing.  "Well" I thought, "there's lots of time for teeth to come in."  Every month I would check to see if a little tooth was poking through.  And every month nothing.   I would casually ask my friends about their baby's teeth and yes, every other child seemed to be able to grow teeth - lots of them!  At 13 months I finally took Andrew to our dentist so she could check to make sure those little teeth were in there.  She was so patient with me and reassured me that yes, my son would have teeth and was not destined to a life of rice cereal (although quite frankly, Andrew would be just fine with that).  At about 14 months, right around the time Andrew started walking, teeth finally appeared.  Such relief!
 
*******

Lately, I mirrored those early months of Andrew life as I again, anxiously watched for signs of Andrew's teeth now trying to make their exit as I saw his friends loosing teeth last year.  

I am reminded again how Andrew will do and achieve things in his own time, right on time.  


First lost tooth

Sep122011_7886

Toothfairy sent Andrew $5






3 comments:

Mara said...

A very touching story, thank you for sharing.

Tindy said...

Andrew thanks for the proof that you lost one! Foster likes the picture and too fairy instuctions you wrote. :)

Love ya!

Hoffmom said...

will we ever stop having irrational anxieties about our kids? I know I have them every day! ha! :)

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs