Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Hair dragon


Hair dragon, originally uploaded by leslie_capron.

Owen Capron is officially potty trained! Aside from an accident at a BBQ over the weekend (I don't blame him too much because he was so excited to be at a friend's house and play), he's been dry. He even makes it though the night! I know we'll have a few accidents, but I am seeing the light at the end of the diaper tunnel!



Hair dragon above is Owen's potty training treat. He's wanted this toy for a while. I have to say that after going through potty training twice, bribes did not work for our kids. It was all up to Owen and no matter how much I tried to bribe, get mad, have naked days to encourage going on the potty, he wasn't going to do it until he was ready.



I'll remember this with Sarah - it will save a lot of frustration!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear girls are ready sooner, and more motivated. Spencer the train had been collecting dust in our closet until just the other day. Now, Henry is covered in Thomas tattoos, and I am no longer providing diapers upon request. We're down to night time, but I know it will be a few accidents until we are all done. I see the light too, and I like it.

Congrats!
:) Rachel

Leslie said...

Thanks Rach - it feels good both in spirit and the pocketbook!

Mara said...

Congratulations Owen!

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs