Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Sunday Dad-venture

We haven't been on a dad-venture in a while. These are loosely planned trips with the kids where I promise not to say "are you serious, crazy, and/or insane!?!", do you really want to take the ALL THREE KIDS to XYZ?!", and go along for the ride. I have to say that they've always been fun, no matter how high my anxiety is at the outset. And I have to tell you on this one, mine was sky high. We took the Metro from Long Beach to downtown LA. Through the "best" parts of LA too. We started in Long Beach, and I was fine until we walked up to the train station platform and I realized we'd be waiting for the train on a 5 foot high platform above the tracks with no barrier between my crazy three year old and sometimes unpredictable 5 year old and the tracks. Eric and I had to herd the boys all the while making sure Sarah's stroller wasn't rolling away. I almost had a panic attack right then and there.

I calmed down a bit when we were actually on the train and began to relax when we made it to Union station and walked outside and saw a big Cinco de Mayo street party. Then I tensed right back up again when I realized how easy it would be to lose Owen, which we did for a few minutes. The street party was a total surprise, just a bonus that Eric always seems to pull out of no-where on these adventures.

We spent the afternoon walking down Olvera Street, eating really yummy (and greasy!) El Salvadorian food and riding the train. The kids had a great time and I had a nice big glass of wine when we got home.



Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

2 comments:

Jon said...

viva la dadventure!

Mara said...

sounds fun, pictures are great.

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs