Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Breakthrough - Andrew loving swimming lessons!

We're having a great summer. Andrew is really enjoying swimming lessons for the first time. He is making real progress with his skills and having a lot of fun.

On his first day, I think I was more nervous than Andrew was.  I had lots of mom-worry thoughts in my head: was he going to even get in? would he throw a huge fit and scream the whole time?  was he ever going to like swimming and if not, would Eric ever recover?

But, like most worries, none of these fears came to be. On the first day, he got into the pool and didn't participate.  I still considered that a HUGE victory - 1. he was in the pool. 2 he was not crying.  On the second day, he got right in there and listened to the teacher and went through all the exercises.  He was so proud of himself when the lesson was over. He was smiling and so excited, he bounced all the way back to the car.  I was so proud of him too.  

3 comments:

GeGe said...

He really did a great job. He did everything the instructor asked and really seemed to enjoy himself

Jeanie said...

Sounds like we may have an Eric Jr on our hands in more ways than looks!

Jennifer said...

Eric, Show Andrew some of your swimming medals...or are they all still here? I think he'd be impressed. Love, Grandma Peters

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs