Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Andrew 35 Months


Andrew 35 Months, originally uploaded by leslie_capron.

Andrew is almost 3 years old! Whew, where did the time go? This is just a quick monthly update (its way past my bedtime).

If you didn't guess from the underpants entry, Andrew has mastered going pee-pee in the potty (except when he peed in the van on Sunday, but that totally wasn't his fault, Eric took him to the bathroom earlier when we were out to breakfast and it had only been about 45 minutes since they went, so I was a bit surprised, it turns out that Andrew didn't actually go to the bathroom, so I hadn't asked him again if he had to go until he was watering his shoes in the back of the van.) But that was just a minor bump in an otherwise stellar streak of going to the bathroom. We're still working on "number 2", but I'm confident that he'll master that soon too.

Speaking of streaking... sometimes when Andrew hasn't napped he gets super hyper and silly and starts running around. In Target on Sunday we were trying on some goulashes and had his shoes off, we found a pair that fit, but before I knew it Andrew had taken off running without his shoes on, I caught up to him and found him taking his pants off in the men's clothing section, as soon as I was about two feet away from him he took off running down one of the big aisles sans pants. This was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

Andrew is talking up a storm. Just tonight he said his milk was "delicious". He's also started telling Eric and Me "good job" when we do things. Like I'll poor him some milk and he'll say "good job mom". Maybe we are over-doing it a bit on the praise around here (not that I don't appreciate it!). Andrew's also started to give us the "thumbs up".

Andrew is still taking three hour naps. I have recently read that at this age napping is on the wane. Not for Andrew and I am totally ok with that. Napping is good!

Andrew is also showing a surprising memory. He'll recall people and events that happened months ago and ask about them.

Andrew's been behaving pretty well, we have a few tantrums a week, and he's not cool with Owen touching his stuff, but really, he's pretty awesome and fun to have around.

3 comments:

GeGe said...

What a handsome young man he has become. Love the thumbs up.

Jon said...

i now have the thumbs up photo on my desktop. So Barnabas aka Andrew can encourage me during my workday.

Awesome

Anonymous said...

He's also singing a lot these days. Favorite song? "Little Red Caboose". Think there's a Eric version of the same song out there somewhere. Perhaps Uncle Jon-Jon can track that down and work with Andrew on a virtual duet?

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs