Monday, March 26, 2007

Oh Baby!


Owen Alexander Capron arrived at 1:44pm today. He weighed in at 8lbs and 6oz and is 22" long. Thank goodness he came a few weeks early!


Both Mom and baby are doing well - despite the flurry of activity when the doctor discovered his shoulder was stuck in Mom's pelvis and that he wouldn't make out the rest of the way. Thanks to a swift emergency response, the doctor and team managed to contort Leslie's body so that things freed up. After what seemed to be an eternity, they got little Owen breathing and, other than some facial bruising, he seems no worse for the wear.

We'll post a few more pictures in the morning but as you might have guessed, it's been a long day. Thanks for all the support and prayers from everyone.


7 comments:

Mara said...

What a big cute boy, Hey I was 22 inches when I was born, maybe he will be tall.
I'm so glad everything went well, I wish I was there.
LOTS OF LOVE

Jon said...

Way to go, Mom! Three cheers for Team Capron! ! ! Ha! Hope you get to go home soon, I think Kelly and I are spending the night in the Hospital tonight as well, it's like a "caring for your preemie test" I guess. Hope we pass.

Prof said...

We are so glad he is here and everyone is safe and sound. What does Andrew think?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. Andrew will be a great big brother! Enjoy. Cathy (Rhon's sister)

Anonymous said...

"Oh Leslie!"
Love, Ma

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you. Tindy said they are experiencing a lull in the housing market on Bambridge Island. She also said it was raining; she's keeping updated on your blog. Love Ma

Anonymous said...

Congratualtions Caprons! I hope you are settling in at home, and Andrew and Owen are happy and healthy. Oliver looks forward to more news and photos of his socal buddies, and Robert and I send lots of love and joyous wishes.

-The Annons

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs