Thursday, May 07, 2009

37 Weeks


37 Weeks, originally uploaded by leslie_capron.

Here I am at 37 weeks. As you can see my belly is rather pointy. Apparently this is a sure sign that I am having a boy. Many, many people tell me this on a daily basis. Including Owen's pediatrician. Just on Tuesday she took one look at me and said I was having a boy. I am pretty sure that after three ultrasounds, I am in fact having a girl, but I'm a little unnerved nonetheless (only because the ultrasound tech who made the girl pronouncement is the same one that said there was no baby when in fact I was pregnant with Owen. ) So, if this baby pops out as a boy, there's going to be some lucky baby out there who will be gifted with the few hundred girly pink outfits that have taken over the nursery here at Casa Capron.

I've been off work since Monday and have been feeling good. I've dropped the boys off at Kindercare each day and have been slowly plowing my way through a modest to do list. Really what I'm using this time for is to catch up on bills, laundry, grocery shopping so that when the baby gets here we won't be in a major chore deficit. I'm also catching up on some sleep.

My due date is May 26. And my delivery will most likely be a c-section. During my last conversation with my doctor this week, I asked him again what his latest thoughts on delivery were and he told me that from his perspective, his goal is to deliver a healthy and uninjured baby (that is my goal too by the way...). He is taking birth recovery for me less into consideration. So, given that if we try to go naturally there is a higher risk of another shoulder dystocia and a higher risk of permanent nerve damage if the baby is severely stuck (like Owen was), then there really is one option - c-section. I'm feeling frustrated because if that's the case, I just want my doctor to schedule the date and get on with it, but instead, he wants another ultrasound next week to look at the baby's size and have more information to make a decision. I knew this time around that a c-section was very likely since before I even left the hospital with Owen my doctor told me that any future deliveries would be a section - so this is no surprise. I'm just scared of the surgery, and don't understand why I don't have a surgery date already. This really isn't an "elective" situation. So that's the latest news.

I am in a hyper-vigilant state so that every twinge in my belly is stopping me in my tracks in the hopes that this is labor starting and we can get this baby out already!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the picture Leslie! Enjoy these last days of being pregnant (as much as possible!). We will be praying for an easy delivery and recovery for both you and baby GIRL! We can't wait to hear about her upcoming arrival! Hug those two boys for us!

Jeanie said...

Leslie, I had two c-sections, the first because Kara tried to come out feet first, so it was an emergency. But not ever having had a normal delivery, I don't have anything to compare to, but really they were not too bad. I chose to have Ryan as a c-section because it seemed easier to me than a natural delivery. They have good drugs for this... trust me!

Happy baby! What name(s) do you have picked out?

Mara said...

It's so wonderful to see a picture of you Leslie, wishing you the best of luck with a C-section and hopefully you will have some help around the house for at least two weeks, it takes that long before you can really walk straight up and carry something even as tiny and light as a new born baby girl.

Anonymous said...

Les, that is a classic picture. And by the way according to all wives tale predictions I was having two girls. So, keep buying pink.

Love, Rachel

P.S. If you have a C-section, you can upgrade from delivery dry cleaning to delivery dry cleaning with grocery and meal plan options.

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs