Friday, April 11, 2008

Owen 12 Months


Owen at LegoLand, originally uploaded by leslie_capron.

Owen had a blast too at LegoLand two weeks ago. He got a clean bill of health (aside from some fluid in his ears) at his one year check up.

Here are his latest stats:

Weight: 24.5 pounds, 75th percentile
Height: 32 inches, 100th percentile
Head circumference: 18.25 inches 50th percentile.

This baby got some TALL genes.

He's started to visit the toddler room as he begins his transition to his new class. He officially moves up the week of April 21st. He's so ready. He'll just be a little sad that his friend Juliette isn't moving up yet. He LOVES Juliette. I imagine him in his class just following her around trying to touch her hair. He's got a thing for hair - especially the super cute hair of super cute toddlers.

He's off formula and onto regular milk! Whoo-hoo. Formula is much more expensive than you think it should be.

He is a very good eater and will eat really anything that I'm eating for dinner. He's still sleeping through the night on most nights, which is the most fantastic thing ever. Have I mentioned that to you before? How great it is that he sleeps through the night?! Let me just confirm - it's great.

He walks everywhere. He loves to go outside.

In the morning he is a bit of a slow starter and prefers that his feet not touch the ground for the first 30 or so minutes that he's awake. Needless to say that doesn't happen. So he cries a bit in the morning at the unfairness of having to entertain himself whilst I get ready. Tough life.

He really is a joy though and is just a funny and lovely little human to have underfoot.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Cute, cute cute!

Tall genes are nice to have. I wish I were taller to stretch out this tummy!

Mara said...

Love the thumbs up sign, HILARIOUS, the Capron trend is for the oldest boy to be the shortest and then they just get taller. Ex. Eric -eldest, Jon -youngest, Tim -eldest, Joe -taller, Garry -youngest and tallest. Is tallest a word, oh well looking for that ability to sleep through the night, congratulations.

Jennifer said...

I'm always interested in the sleep stats, since the Bridgmans can be a little short in that dept,so many places to go, people to see, things to do,,,,When you don't post on the blog I picture you all crying at 2:00 AM. I sometimes feel that it might be my genes. Love, Ma

Leslie said...

Some nights we are all crying at 2:00 am!

Jennifer said...

Been there done that....stick to the program....Grandma B told me one time...I'm not worried about what your kids don't have...I'm worried more about what they do have.(includes attention at 2:00AM). Ma again

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs