Saturday, December 08, 2007

Crisis averted

I woke up this morning with a lot on my mind. I didn't remember seeing our sinks and faucets among the salvage for the bathroom. My intent was to keep those. But I think they were casualties of the counter top removal. I'll just add those to my shopping list. Luckily sinks can be had for a reasonable price.

Back to the shower drama. I texted (is that a real word?) my project manager this morning explaining my situation. (note: I am not a texter, but I wanted to reach him and it was 7:30 on a Saturday morning, and it is programmed into my DNA that you cannot call anyone before 10:00 am on a weekend.) He got right on the phone to call the plumber to see when he was arriving and if there would be time to pick up the required pieces. In the meantime, I scouted out the EXPO Design Center web site to see if they had what I needed. They did! I headed on down to Laguna Nigel (about 7 miles south of us) to be a EXPO door buster. I found what I needed but they were out of stock! Oh no! I asked if it was in stock at another store and yes, I was in luck the Anaheim store had it! I called my guy and told him I was heading inland (about 15 miles) and guess what, he used to work at that store, so he called ahead and verified that the part was there and asked them to put it on hold for me. And he told me that the plumber could come over in the afternoon after I picked up the parts. Major crisis averted. When I got to the Anaheim EXPO, my shower valve and trim were waiting for me. And this afternoon, the plumber arrived and installed the necessary pieces ahead of the tiling on Tuesday. We are still on schedule!

1 comment:

Mara said...

I love the Expo Design Center, there is one right by Dads house and I used to go in there all of the time when I was taking my Design class, they are very helpful and will give you a ton of brochures.

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs