Friday, April 20, 2007

Owen at 3 weeks

Owen is three weeks old and is doing great. He is much less yellow now, and is opening his eyes more and more. His tear ducts are still blocked but the antibiotics have cleared up the goopyness.


He prefers to sleep in someone's arms, like right now - I'm am getting good at doing things with one hand - like typing : ) Andrew could sleep forever in his bouncer seat - but Owen likes to be close, he may just prefer the extra body heat. Even at night he's close and sleeps in bed with us. This can be a little scary; more than once I've woken up panicked that I've rolled over on him.

Here I tried to create a comfy warm nest for Owen in his boppy and trick him into thinking he's being held - it worked for a good 20 minutes:


Owen's tummy is very sensitive. He spits up several times a day. We've learned that the high-pitched, glass-shattering cry means: "please burp me right now, my tummy hurts!". Poor little guy.

He's pretty strong baby and he's been lifting his head up since we brought him home, and he's been able to hold it up for longer and longer periods of time.

He's a pretty great little baby and super cute.



P.S. Owen spit up 3 times while I was typing this post!

4 comments:

Jon said...

caleb shares owens tummy woes

Anonymous said...

Hey Sporto,
Kids are looking great! I can't wait to see them tomorrow. Tell Andrew his uncle Scott is coming and bringing the girls!

Anonymous said...

That will be some excitement when the cousins come. Have fun. I suggest a walk to the park and some hot dogs. Andrew might put in a movie if it gets too wild. Love, Ma

Anonymous said...

I hope the spit-up has subsided, and perhaps the first smiles have arrived. We look forward to seeing your beautiful boys one day! In the meantime, I check the blog religiously-so please keep posting!

Sending lots of love,
Rachel, Robert, Oliver, and baby to be ("Henry" is still front runner in the names department, but Oliver thinks we should just cut the debate and call the new one Oliver as well)

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs