Sunday, January 07, 2007

Thanks for nuthin' HP tech support

Ok, so it is not entirely my fault that's its been over three weeks since my last blog entry. Our beautiful three month old HP computer died a few days before Christmas. Yes, died. As in it got so messed up that the "on" button would no longer work. We were completely dumbfounded as to why it died, all we do on it is surf the internet and play Elmo games. Nothing fancy. We don't even open any programs other than Mozilla. I will say that a day before it got sick, I did try to upgrade Norton anti-virus and pay for renewal subscription. But I do not see how upgrading anti-virus software would send a computer into such a tizzy that it refuses to turn on. Well, apparently that was enough to blow it up.

When the problem first started we knew pretty quickly that this was not something that could be fixed with the help of a tech over the phone. So I called HP tech support to get a location of an HP authorized repair place in the area - a simple task it would seem. So I called, waited less than a minute to talk to someone, and explained what I wanted: A LOCATION OF A PLACE TO TAKE THE CPU TO. Just reliving the ensuing exchange in order to blog about it has sent my blood pressure soaring. I'll summarize. After 35 minutes on the phone and giving the rep the product number and serial number of our computer over 8 times, the tech explained to me that he could not help me because he did not believe we owned an HP product. WE BOUGHT THE COMPUTER OFF OF THE HP WEBSITE!!!! I hung up on him.

Cooler heads prevailed the next day, and Eric was able to get the info we needed to send the computer back to HP for fixing. So that's where it remains today. Hopefully we'll have it back or a new one in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm blogging on our work computers.


1 comment:

Jon said...

I am laughing as I read this At work after following your last link!

HA

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs