Thursday, October 14, 2010

My new time suck!

I've finally cleared enough mental space to start playing around in Photoshop. Here are a few shots of the kids I've tried to improve with sharpening and boosting color. Thanks mostly to the Pioneer Woman's Photoshop actions. I'll sign up for a Photoshop class soon too.

Another thing I've done is switch to continuous focus and back button focus. I think these have really helped me get clearer shots of my moving targets. I've still got a way to go. Lots of my shots still have sharp shoulders and blurry eyes. But I'm seeing some improvement and that is so encouraging!


Sharpened and lightened


Another with a little Photoshop Action


Starting to play around in photoshop.  Just boosted the color a bit.


Update - just signed up for a Photoshop class!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Love playing around with photoshop. My Pioneer woman edits:
1. slight lighten (my pictures all seem dark)
2. flatten
3. boost at 50% opacity or lower
4. flatten
5. sharpen (the eyes), and adjust opacity as needed
6. flatten
7. save
Love those actions, but I know that they are preventing me from really learning how to use photoshop!
Great pics Leslie! I will have to try using continuous focus. Love seeing all of your shots!

Hoffmom said...

whatever you do, I don't see how you could go wrong with the cutie subjects you photograph :)! and good for you for signing up for a class. Since I started this whole blogging thing, I've become more interested in taking better pictures... maybe something I'll do in the future, too - thanks for the inspiration :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Kids....Your photos look perfect to me. Love, Grandma Peters

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs