Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Catching up

My poor neglected blog. Real life has been busy - birthdays, Easter, visiting friends, phew! We finally got a new monitor (instead of commandeering an old TV for a screen) and now I can look at the screen and type without wanting to throw up. Here's recap to catch us up!

My photography class continues to be really fun. Here are my homework shots from yesterday. We're working on finding good light inside. I'm getting more comfortable in manual mode. I just need to work on getting faster at changing my exposure settings. This is an online class. There's no way I could do an in person class these days!

Inside light close


Inside light pull back

Most of my shots are of Sarah because she's the most cooperative!

Yesterday, Owen started swimming lessons. He had a very good first day - he was able to listen and pay attention for the 25 minute class. He loved it.

Owen swimming!

Saturday, Eric came home after a week in Amsterdam. He was tired. We sent him off to Portland last night.

On Sunday we said goodbye to Rachel and her boys Oliver and Henry. We had four great days of parks, trains, swimming, cupcakes (Sprinkles) and meltdowns (Andrew).

they don't look like trouble...

the boys

Last weekend we officially celebrated the boys birthday with a party at Wildfire Gymnastics. This is a great place for kids to get together and run, jump and fly for two hours.

Lots of space to play

Whee!  I think I like this...

Happy Birthday Boys!

The party theme was Dinosaurs. Its the new obsession. Also Dinosaur Train. Dinosaur Train would have been the perfect party theme.


Its been a busy few weeks. We're looking forward to our Washington vacation in July. I didn't think I'd need a vacation after quitting my job. But I'm looking forward to two weeks of no plans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of monitor did you choose?
-Rachel

Kelly said...

Precious pictures Leslie! What online class are you taking?

Leslie said...

We went to Costco on Sunday and Eric picked out a 23in VIZIO flat glass screen. Its nice, its no Apple, but it is a VAST improvement! I'm just sorry I didn't have it while you were here!

Kelly, I'm taking an online class through Ana Brandt Photography. She took professional shots of the boys two years ago. I thought I was signing up for a one day Saturday class only, but an 8-week online class came with it! The in-person class is on April 24th. Here's her site. I should have taken a class years ago.

http://www.anabrandt.com/

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs