Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Blogio Silence

Sorry for the blogio silence. It's just been me and the boys since Monday, Eric's been in Phoenix at a conference. Between having to wrangle the boys by myself and the city burning, I've been a slacking on my blogging. Everyone is fine, the closest fire is about 7 miles away, but it's a bit scary. We don't live in an extremely high risk area but our neighborhood does run up against open space. I wasn't so much worried that existing fires would make it to us, but rather a new one could start close to the house. And if it did, who would put it out? The fire department is stretched a bit thin right now. But as of today the weather seems to be turning and the fires are starting to be contained.

Now that Eric is home and able to spell me a bit I'll be back to my usual posting frequency. Stay tuned for an exciting Owen update, I'm just back from the pediatrician and have his latest stats!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the update..Tindy called(she too listens to night radio)She was worried. Then grandpa B phoned on his cell phone(that's big)you will know all the Bridgmans are buzzing. I'm glad we can move on to the stats. Love Ma

Anonymous said...

My cousin Betty called yesterday also worried about the fires. Hadn't realized the Irvine one was so close to you, hope the winds stay calm.

Love,

Mom

Kelly said...

We are glad everyone is safe and sound! (and that you did have to be evacuated or anything!) We are curious about how big that sweet Owen is! Caleb was 16 lbs. 7 oz. when he went for a flu shot last week... I have a feeling Owen may have him significantly beat!

Anonymous said...

We've been thinking about you all too - glad to hear you are all safe and the fires are being contained. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Leslie and Eric,

So glad you and your boys are fine and that the fire missed you! I have been keeping tract of it this week and keeping in touch with Tim to make sure you were ok.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign last comment. From Cathy (Rhon's sister) in PA.

Copyright © SoCal Caprons | Blog Template by Lilipop Designs